iPhones can undoubtedly capture some great photos. However, many times you need to convert these digital images into tangible memories. For the same, you need to figure out how to print those photos. One of the most popular photo sizes is 4×6. Now we will discuss the Print 4×6 Photos From iPhone To Printer.
Now we will discuss how to print 4×6 photos from iPhone to printer. That is why you need to figure out how to print 4×6 photos from iPhone to the printer? We will highlight the procedure below and a few tips that will allow you to print photos from your iPhone.
Our guide below helps you understand how to use the printer and alternate options to print such photos. Before you send your photos to the printer, it is essential to adjust the aspect ratio.
Steps To Adjust The Aspect Ratio to 4×6
The first thing you need to have when you want to print your photos from your iPhone is a printer. You need to, however, understand that before you send the photo for printing, it is essential to adjust the aspect ratio.
The step-by-step procedure to adjust the aspect ratio is simple:
- Open the photo app, and after that, select the photo you want to adjust the aspect ratio for.
- Then, click on the edit button in the top right corner.
- Once you click on the edit button, you must select the crop option from the bottom.
- In the crop window, you have to select the aspect option.
- There, you will notice various aspects size options. You have to select the 4×6 option.
- Now, you can see the movable box on your screen and the photo in the background. You have to move around the photo as you see fit. It will also allow you to drag the photo so that you can move the photo parts you want to print into the box.
- While moving the photo around, you have to ensure that the size of the box does not vary. Only then the aspect ratio will be maintained.
- After that, you have to choose the crop option in the upper right corner.
- after that, you can preview the image. In the preview, if you’re satisfied with the photo after that, you can click on the Save button.
- After that, you have to send it to your printer for printing. Only when the aspect ratio is proper, the printer can print it in 4×6.
How to print 4×6 photos from iPhone to the printer?
There are 2 ways to print 4×6 photos from iPhone to the printer. We will go into the details of both these below.
1) Use AirPrint
- Modern printers have an AirPrint mechanism. AirPrint mechanism means that you can transfer photos from the iPhone to the printer directly. You will not need any cable or any intermediate device to print the photos.
- A lot depends on the printer you have. If you have an older printer, the aspect ratio might get impacted.
- In that case, using AirPrint will not help you much.
- However, most modern printers will print the photo precisely as per the setting which you have on your iPhone. In that case, using AirPrint indeed serves you well.
- In case you have an older printer, there is an alternative.
2) Use PC or Mac
- If you have an older printer, the only option is to transfer the photo to the PC or the Mac.
- From PC or Mac, you can use any photo editing tool to give the print command. You can directly print the photo without going through the photo editing app.
- The advantage of doing so is that you can see the photo preview in any photo editing app. You can confirm the size of the print, and after that, you can give the print command.
- That way, accurately printing the photos becomes possible.
- With the help of our guide above, it is easy to print 4×6 photos from iPhone to the printer. We will now share a few tips to print these photos without any glitches or mistakes.
Tips to Get Perfect Prints From iPhone to The Printer
The few tips we will highlight below ensure that you can get good quality prints for your photos.
1) Use the correct paper
It is vital to use the right paper. Even if you captured the photo adequately and used the right aspect ratio, if the paper is not proper, you won’t get a good print.
When buying the paper for the printer, you have to choose between the glossy and matte types. In case you need sharp photos, you can go with the glossy one. Otherwise, you can go with matte paper.
The papers are available in different sizes. You have to choose the size according to the type of prints which you usually opt for.
2) Use the right printer
It is best to use modern printers. The reason for the same is that they can print HD-quality photos. Not only that, you can give the print command wirelessly if using the modern printer.
If you’re using inkjet or other older printers, even when you give the print command from the PC or the Mac, the quality of the photos will not be up to the mark.
3) Edit at the highest resolution
When editing the photos on your phone or any other device, you have to save the images at the highest possible resolution. That way, there will not be a down-gradation of the quality of your photos.
Similarly, when you’re transferring them to another device or the printer, you have to transfer them in the maximum possible resolution.
Once you do so, it is easy to get HD-quality prints.
4) Edit only if necessary
many people think about applying filters or editing the photos in one way or the other. Plenty of times, you might end up downgrading the resolution when you’re editing it.
Only when you need to edit the photos should you go ahead with the same. Otherwise, it is a good idea to print the images as they are.
Editing can downgrade the quality as well if you’re not careful about it.
5) Optimize your photos before printing
Optimizing the photo before printing is a necessity. Specially, you have to adjust the aspect ratio since you need 4×6 prints.
The good news is that the iPhone allows you to adjust the aspect ratio without undertaking any extra steps. That way, it becomes easy to get HD-quality prints.
6) Use AirPrint when possible
The AirPrint mechanism allows you to give the print command right from your smartphone directly. Even though it may be a bit confusing for first-timers to give such prints, in the longer run, this can certainly help you out. You have to use this technology whenever possible.
Thus, when you want to print 4×6 photos from iPhone to the printer, these are the tips that you have to always stick to.
In case you’re looking for some alternatives, we will highlight two such options below.
Alternatives to Print 4×6 Photos From iPhone To Printer
There are essentially two other ways to print such photos.
1) Photo printing apps and websites
Numerous apps allow you to print such photos and, after that, send them to you via regular mail. These include:
- Free prints
- Print Studio
- And so on
To avoid the cumbersome procedure of giving the prints and editing the photos, you can use these apps.
2) Local print store
You can also visit a local print store for the same. The prints stores can print all the photos for you and directly give you the copies with the dimensions you want. Since the print store will have professionals, you will no longer have to worry about any glitches.
These are the two alternatives you have.
We will now answer some FAQs regarding printing 4×6 photos from iPhone to printer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) For Print 4×6 Photos From iPhone To Printer.
What to do if you can’t send photos from iPhone to the printer?
If you can’t send photos from iPhone to the printer for some reason, you can transfer them to Mac or PC. After that, from Mac or PC, you can send the photos to the printer. Once you do so, it becomes easy for you to print the photos.
If that also does not work, we have shared a couple of alternatives that will allow you to get the photo prints.
How to ensure that the photos you send are high resolution?
The iPhone camera usually captures these photos in high resolution. As long as you’re not fidgeting around or tweaking the settings, these photos will remain in HD resolution.
While transferring them to another device, you have to ensure that the resolution is not downgraded.
With our guide above, Print 4×6 Photos From iPhone To Printer is certainly possible. The procedure is pretty easy. Whenever you’re faced with the task of printing, follow our guide above, and you can print the photos in no time.